Clear, easy-to-read reports
Validated against gold standard tests for clinical accuracy
Clinically relevant testing
and specific tests
Sonic Healthcare USA offers comprehensive screening and diagnostic laboratory testing for infectious diseases including:
Infectious Disease Testing
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Hepatitis B
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) 1 & 2
- Human T-cell Lymphotropic Virus
- Syphilis (RPR)
Testing options may vary per clinical laboratory/pathology practice
Testing for sexually-transmitted infections (STIs) and infectious diseases can be based on risk factors, family or ethnic background, or other test results and are a critically important part of routine prenatal care.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Testing Recommendations1
- At least once a year for syphilis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea. Those who have multiple or anonymous partners should be tested more frequently (e.g., every 3 to 6 months).
- At least once a year for HIV and may benefit from more frequent HIV testing (e.g., every 3 to 6 months).
- At least once a year for hepatitis C, if living with HIV.
1. Division of STD Prevention, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)